My brother graduated from Central Washington University. He commissioned this quilt/wall hanging to be presented to his old track and field coach at a reunion on April 19th. He sent me a scan of the recruiting logo. I printed an 8x10 copy and had enlarged 300% at a local print shop. The enlarged logo was then used as a fused applique pattern.The wildcat fabrics are batiks and I was lucky enough to have all of the fabrics, the backing, except the batiks my stash. The background is off white Fairy Frost. It is machine quilted, finished size is 55"x58".
I finished Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt top yesterday March 15th. Bonnie's original design was to use blue fabrics for the "darks". I am not a blue person and chose purples and brownish purples. The flying geese tri-rec blocks and the chevron units were paper pieced using a patterns I designed on EQ7. The split triangle units were also paper pieced using the Birds in the Air quilt block. With the plum colored borders the quilt measures 90 x 100 inches. This quilt is going to be my summer quilt once it is quilted. FYI, a confession, I did not purchase fabric for my quilt, it is all from my stash.
I have been lusting for one of these sewing machines because it is PINK. She came with a full set of attachments in a pink box. A pink foot controller and the manual. Whoo Hooo! At the back of the manual is a Lifetime Guaranty Bond dated May 13, 1959. The full cash price in 1959 was $219.50 a lot of money in 1959.
I don't thing any of the plastic wonder sewing machines sold today come with a guarantee like this one.
After sewing six of the diagonal pieces together, four were OK, two were short. Aaaargh. So I sat down with my EQ7 program to work out a paper piecing template. Going to test drive the template today to see if I "did good". I already have my number one New Year's Resolution, become proficient with EQ7!
Wow, it takes a long time to cut all these pieces. 200 green rectangles, 200 neutral square and 200 yellow/gold squares. And I found some more neutrals in my stash and cut a few more. Thank goodness I decided to do the SMALL quilt. Now off to sew some test CHEVRONS.