Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt - Celtic Solstice

This quilt will be my second Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt, the first one was Orca Bay. Of course I am changing up the colors to take advantage of pulling fabrics from my stash. Blues have been changed to deep purples, purple-browns and some darker purple/green/brown batiks. I have a lot of orange golds and greens in my stash. BUT, am so short on neutrals. I guess that tells me that I have to do some shopping for neutrals.

I have decided to use the paper piecing method to construct the Tri-Recs. Perhaps constructing this quilt will help me from losing my mind by losing my points. Thank you Bonnie for providing the PP templates.

My fabrics: a mix of batiks and prints, oh and fabric from bedsheets.If they are cotton, they are candidates!



1 comment: