Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Double Wedding Ring Quilt


I started this king sized double wedding ring quilt when I moved to Washington State in 1993 and decided to finish the piecing this last summer. Yep, an eighteen year WIP (work in progress). It is machine pieced. Once the piecing was finished I decided that I wanted to hand quilt each of the centers with a different design motif based on hearts. Guess what? I am still working on it. My color choices are quite different than most Wedding Ring Quilts but I am not a "pastel person".  As of September 2013, it is still a WIP. Silly me, I wanted a different design quilted in the centers. About 1/4 of the centers are hand quilted. Due to rheumatoid arthritis I am no longer able to hand quilt and may ending up machine the remaining centers.

No comments:

Post a Comment