Friday, September 13, 2013

Fabulous Felines for a Fabulous Daughter in Law

The title of this quilt says it all. It was made for my feline loving daughter in law because she and my son were always fighting over the couch quilt made for my son. The block centers are from a Laurel Burch Fabulous Felines panel and the block logs are from the coordinating fabrics. The backing is flannel, and the batting is cotton. It was a challenge to use the blocks from the panel because they were not true squares. So I decided to do a "wonky" log cabin style using the quilt as you go method. I outline quilted around the cat faces and stitched in the ditch the logs. FYI, the print strips in the borders were to cover some mistakes. That is Leroy in the picture, a quilt inspector in training. He loves cats!


Close up

Back of quilt

 Label made from one of the panel motifs. It covers an obvious error, to me, of the sashing strips not matching

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt! I love that you use flannel backing - it sounds wonderfully cozy. I'm sort of a new quilter - nothing is finished yet. I have decided to dive in and do Bonnie's mystery quilt. Am I crazy? It's taken me 4 days to just get everything cut out!! LOL! Happy quilting! Allie

    ReplyDelete